Truck camper "stand"?

gandalf

Reaction score
What do these cabover campers weigh? I really don't know, other than to say that mine is heavy. My truck (CCdually) with camper and me weighed 10200 pounds, as I recall. I'm not sure what the truck weighs alone, but that will give you a rough figure. Any stand it sits on better be pretty sturdy. Wheels had better be sturdy too, and as large as possible. A pebble will stop a solid wheel being pushed by hand. How do you plan to move the camper once it's on a trailer?

My camper is 11 feet in an 8 foot bed. It sticks out 3 feet to the rear. It has plumbing and holding tanks in those 3 feet, below bed level. Therefore any stand must be elevated. I must elevate it about 2 inches in the truck to clear the rear bumper.

I have 4 corner jacks. I can drop the camper down to where the plumbing will hit the ground. My stands, however, are at bed height, so I don't have to jack it up and down too much. It's not too stable on those jacks, so I don't want the weight on them longer than necessary. As I recall you have the old 3 jack system, not actually attached to the camper, in place only when in use. That may be why you can't lower it as much.

Keep us posted on this project.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My truck (CCdually) with camper and me weighed 10200 pounds, as I recall. I'm not sure what the truck weighs alone

For reference, my 91 Crew Cab Dually weighs about 7300 with fuel, me, and my wife.

That puts your camper in the neighborhood of a hefty 2000-3000lbs.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The jacks only allow it to go slightly lower than truck height, but I bet I could do a frame on dollies (I have a million of them from transporting my scissor lift!)...

We got half inch of snow instead of 2ft. Going to go see what I can come up with yay!

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk
So... is that going to be enough to get it through the door or are you going to have to make your carrier adjustable?

3Kp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My slide in weighed 3000Lb by it self (with out crap in it). But it was a big one. 2001 Northstar 10.5XL

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Also, FYI the same "Peel & Seal" stuff we use for sound deadening is great for RV roof repairs.
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online