Truck Box

CRMW

Reaction score
I have rust over each wheel well & a large dent behind the drivers rear wheel. I have a line on a rust free box. What's involved in the R&R?

Thanks,

Chris

Max Power

Reaction score
I believe all you have to do is remove 6 or 8 bolts, unplug the tail light wiring at the back and remove the fuel filler neck. Then get a few buddies to help your remove it. If you have a fifth wheel hitch you will have to unbolt that too.

I have never done it but I can't imagine it would be any more difficult then that.

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
Originally posted by CRMW
I have rust over each wheel well & a large dent behind the drivers rear wheel. I have a line on a rust free box. What's involved in the R&R?

Thanks,

Chris

Da Boss hit it on the head a few bolts a few guys and a couple of six packs box will be on and off with time to spare..

Assuming this is a regular bed not a untility bed that is..

8 bolts the tail lights unplug and I think there are like 3 screws holding the filler neck in place. Ohhh and a couple of grounding straps..if you have a Gooseneckin the bed of the existing truck you will have to do the obvious and cut the holes for them..all in a slow afternoon of work...

CRMW

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, The beer for the boys might get expensive, I was thinking about using an engine hoist & some sort of H-Frame.

Any ideas on what else should be done while the bed is off the truck.

Chris

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
Originally posted by CRMW
Thanks for the info, The beer for the boys might get expensive, I was thinking about using an engine hoist & some sort of H-Frame.

Any ideas on what else should be done while the bed is off the truck.

Chris

There are some tank Mods that you can do to where you can get more fuel in the Truck but I don't know if the extra work is worth it???