Trip MPG

kcconfq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured I'd see if this sounds right, I'm happy with it. From Livermore to Bakersfield 14.5 mpg towing a 92 blazer (full of my stuff) on a dual axel car carrier with two motorcycles on the flat bed of the truck. And 12 mpg from Bakersfield to San Deigo (2nd gear up the grapevine and little traffic straight through I5) including a week worth of driving down here. The last one includes a driving lesson teaching someone to drive a manual... She eventually got it and drove it on open roads!

Truck in sig, 4.10 gearing, 265/75-16 tires, abiding by ca laws while towing.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I'd be happy with that.
I don't get much better in my psd.
But doesn't help running a 80 hp (obviously not actual) tune, doing 80 on the highway, and I drive it like I stole it.
Oops, edited to add, that's running empty.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Koch13351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not bad. Pretty damn good actually! Small tires, higher diff ratio, and overdrive sure do make towing easier on the engine. Last I checked, I was getting about 20 mpg empty. Truck in sig. But that may have been before I put 35s on it. And I didn't have a camper shell on it. Definitely before 4" exhaust... Damnit, now I need to reevaluate my numbers! Time for a road trip :sly

kcconfq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, that's with a 4" straight pipe and a flat bed truck. Not towing usually cruise 75.

Koch13351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the rally is coming, that would be a good road trip for ya. plenty of times to fill up. :D

2,473 miles... Yeah, that would be enough to get a good average after burning over 300 gallons of fuel LOL
I'd about need an oil change before I headed back haha. And I'm pretty sure I'd want my cruise control working as well. And at 70 mph I'm at about 2400 rpm since I'm rockin the 4 speed. She'd be screamin' 'cross the country!