Trimless F250 IDI?

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Browsing and came across this '87 F250 4x4 Diesel plow truck, noticed the fender badges don't say anything... no Custom, XL or XLT Lariat, nothing.

First time I see one of this generation. I've seen alot of 80-86 trimless trucks though. Anyone have one here?

Heres the add.

1987 Ford F-250 Pickup Truck - Ontario Cars For Sale - Kijiji Ontario Canada.

You must be registered for see images attach

pybyr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
87 would be a bricknose body. Lots of the bricknoses, maybe all of them, that I have seen, do not have a diesel emblem on the side. Mine has one up under the driver's side headlight, which is where I have seen them on other bricknoses. If it had trim or paint work done on the front, the diesel badge might have been left off.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
My guess is that is a custom. It looks pretty basic, and if you get a look at the dash(i know it's kind of far away), there is a word on the passenger side under the windshied. That's where they put it on the bricknose years. It's more than 2 or 3 letters, so it would have to be Custom or Lariat....and it doesn't look like a Lariat.

Several other clues...rubber floor, crank windows, manual locks, ugly rear bumper, steel rims. This truck is a no frills work truck, just like mine.

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
87 would be a bricknose body. Lots of the bricknoses, maybe all of them, that I have seen, do not have a diesel emblem on the side. Mine has one up under the driver's side headlight, which is where I have seen them on other bricknoses. If it had trim or paint work done on the front, the diesel badge might have been left off.

He's talking about the little strip directly below the F250, usually it says Custom, XL, XLT, or XLT Lariat, this one says nothing, just blank.

John, I wonder it it was an aftermarket (not OEM) badge that someone put on to cover the holes left by the original badge.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw one in the junk yard that was the same way.. The lower emblam under the f-250 badge was blank and the dash emblam just said F-series.. I think these were factory fleet trucks since the one i saw was yellow like a state or township truck.

This one however is a hodge podge truck becouse it has lariet tailgate and side trim, it should have no0 trim at all.. the one i saw was the cheapest truck you could get.

Last edited:

LSOSGT1109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What stands out to me is that it's a plow truck and saw only one little tiny spot of rust! Don't they use salt in Canada? That's a nice old truck!