Transmission Needed

paintedreams

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could find a transmission reasonable for my 93 F-250 its an E4OD now that I think has puked and I'm thinking that I might just convert to a five speed. Any help would be appreicated thanks, Dewey

highest_vision

Reqistered User
Reaction score
There's a diesel C6 for sale right now in indiana north of indianapolis, pickup only. He is using the same pic for a 700r also, haven't seen enough c6's to say which is which, hope he can... here
James

912504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I vote for the 5 speed swap

I just went through the same thing and swapped in the ZF5 instead of suffering with the E4DOA any longer. I highly recomment it if you like driving stick shifts. I am very very pleased with the swap and would rate it in the top 3 improvements I have made to the truck. ;Sweet Right up there with the turbo.
I have experienced a large increase in fuel mileage also after the swap. I think it alone would pay for the swap in time. I went from 15 to 20 mpg on the last tank full. I havent towed anything yet to give the towing improvement but I bet it will be huge also due to the E40 changing gears on me at random speeds.

Hopefully this helps,
Eric

Ceejmo

Smoke a Ricer today
Reaction score
ZF5 gets my vote also.
I recently removed a puked :puke: E4OD and converted to a ZF5. :thumbsup:

See links in my sig for some notes and wiring for the swap.

soulpatchfr

goat herder
Reaction score
i love my ZF... never even been in a IDI with the granny tranny.

Mel, looks like CJ has the makings of another article ;Sweet
good work CJ.

jdw7.3

Reaction score
what kind of cost would I be looking at to make this swap if I let a shop do it?

82fordtruck

Reaction score
I know where one is. Where are you? Make me an offer on it and I'll take it to the guy that has it. I'm sure he'll sell it.

Otherwise, if you have a six speed, I'll work out a deal with you.

Last edited:

paintedreams

Reaction score
Well I have found a doner truck with every thing I need its a 97 F-350. Every thing was $800.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
912504x4 said:
I just went through the same thing and swapped in the ZF5 instead of suffering with the E4DOA any longer. I highly recomment it if you like driving stick shifts. I am very very pleased with the swap and would rate it in the top 3 improvements I have made to the truck. ;Sweet Right up there with the turbo.
I have experienced a large increase in fuel mileage also after the swap. I think it alone would pay for the swap in time. I went from 15 to 20 mpg on the last tank full. I havent towed anything yet to give the towing improvement but I bet it will be huge also due to the E40 changing gears on me at random speeds.

Hopefully this helps,
Eric

Did you bolster the firewall? You know lots of these trucks with manual transmissions had issues with firewall cracks, right?

I wonder if the kit is still available...