Towcat, need a part #

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
off the mufflers you replaced the acert mufflers with. I called around & noone around here can get the number. I even called Baltimore Peterheads who told me they couldn't even get the info from their research dept because it was a federal violation to do what I want to do. Do you know the number of the mufflers you get from NTE?

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
I can get you a Donaldson number tomorrow, if that's soon enough.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Yeah, that would be great. I typed towcat & meant packrat. Sorry about that. Glad you looked though. PM me with it if you want or just post it here. Thanks. Scott

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
The pre-emmisions muffler, is either a Donaldson M100465, or a Walker 22920.

I think you will see a big difference in mileage, possibly a noticeable difference in power.
;Sweet

Disclaimer: I would never do anything like break the law, and remove a catalyst muffler, from a federally mandated system.

:rotflmao

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
PackRat said:
Disclaimer: I would never do anything like break the law, and remove a catalyst muffler, from a federally mandated system.

:rotflmao

My lips are sealed. :rotflmao

Are these mufflers the exact same size as the cat mufflers? I'm asking because I want to be able to put the covers & handrails back on & lenght is an issue because I have the bullhorn stacks & have verylittle room to come down with them before they would hit the headrack. Any idea 'bout any of that stuff? :hail :hail

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
I didn't realize yours was a daycab. These are the ones we are running on our 379 Ultracabs. several of ours have 6" bullhauler turnouts, with nothing close to a clearance issue, with the stackgaurds, cab, or sleeper cap.

Our bridge engines and ACERTS have shorter stackgaurds, than the older rigs, so the top mount clamp shows, but the boss didn't seem concerned about it.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Mines a flattop 48" bunk. No daycab here. If thats what you're putting on your acerts, I guess it will work for me. Here's what I'm talking about on the stacks. If the mufflers are shorter the stack will sit lower and hit the rack. Are those the same guards w/ handrails you guys run? Nobody will see the top muffler bracket on mine. Thanks again

Attachments

• P3190005.JPG
    P3190005.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 16

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
I was :confused: . I thought you mean headache rack, not head rack. Didn't even know you were running a portable parking lot. :D

I can measure the OAL, if you'd like, just for safety's sake. No trouble to drop a tape down through the center, while it's still in the box.

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
Nuts. Forgot to measure that filter this morning. Oh well, I have to go out and pick up my freshly adjusted and painted shifter for The Crossbreed afterwhile. I size it up then.
I'm not much for sitting around watching paint dry.

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
They are 51 5/8", overall, 45 x 10" can. I measured a cat ****, on one of our newest Pete's, and it is the same.

The Walker is a straight through, with expansion chambers, but the Donaldson has a perforated diffusion shield, that is crimped together. I imagine that either would flow 100% better than a cat, but the Donaldson might be a little quieter.

Aw heck. suck it up, and put straights on it. LOL

LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES!!

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
PackRat said:
Aw heck. suck it up, and put straights on it. LOL

LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES!!

Come on man, I sleep at Hotel APEX 3-4 nights a week sometimes. I gots to get my beauty rest LOL . Thanks for the measurements.

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
If you can't fall asleep to the turbo straight symphony, then you can't be a true gear jammer. LOL

No problem. Hope you get your **** troubles fixed. I think I mentioned, that the boss's nephew went from 3.8 mpg, to 4.6, on his new Pete, just by changing the muffs.

BTW, what's with the rookie sticks? You surely don't need those things, or you just had to have a couple more chicken lights? ;Poke

Last edited:

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Actually, I don't think anything can keep me awake in the truck. If I get in the sleeper, it's because I NEED to be in there. I try to make it home as often as possible to see my girls. I do however sleep MUCH better in the truck.

I have been trying to get around to getting the rookie sticks off. I did need them for a while, but now they're just annoying the **** out of me. Everything I drove before the Pete was set backaxle sloped hood with a wide cab. I was all messed up when I got in the Pete, so I put em on to keep the nice curve in my fenders & the bumper demons away. LOL They gotta go SOON.