Tow and Haul RV transporter build

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
:confused: Trolley:dunno..... There ain't nothing on this bed that slides other than the stinger and ball stand height adjustment.

yep thats what i was talking about, just learning this by watching, guess i dont have the right names for things.:dunno:D

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep thats what i was talking about, just learning this by watching, guess i dont have the right names for things.:dunno:D

LOL No teflon needed on this thing. It ain't even used on the ball stands that are designed to slide up the center channel.

Besides..... the squealing of steel on steel, which is as bad as fingernails on a chalkboard, is bound to make most people leave you alone while you are loading or unloading :rotflmao:D

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FABRICATION IS DONE!!!!!!!! Whew, about time. Didn't get into paint yesterday as I lost time on the ramps running out of welding rod and welding was taking a lot longer than planned. It's a 1-1/2 to 2 hr round trip into town to get stuff.

Finished up the ramps today. Made them like equipment ramps and they are heavy... About 130 lbs each calculating the amount of steel in them at 10 lbs per square ft for 1/4" mild steel.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ramps stowed on the simple brackets I made today, perfect fit between the frame flanges and the center channel. Will cut off the excess on the straps and they will be dedicated for just the ramps.

Got the primer on, will spray the black first thing tomorrow morning.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
My trailer ramps are just like that, only inverted. I realize these prolly won't see the weight my ramps are rated for (trailer capacity is 15,000 lbs).

Things look like they are moving right along. Are they ok with the bed being open like that? I assume they are since it's open, just wondered if they would want it closed to keep road grime from under the trailer. Of course it's gonna get it it's first tow anyway.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My trailer ramps are just like that, only inverted. I realize these prolly won't see the weight my ramps are rated for (trailer capacity is 15,000 lbs).

Things look like they are moving right along. Are they ok with the bed being open like that? I assume they are since it's open, just wondered if they would want it closed to keep road grime from under the trailer. Of course it's gonna get it it's first tow anyway.

Be lucky if they ever see half that weight.

Road grime:rotflmao........ How much grime ya think is gonna be on the trailer towed behind:angel:. One on the bed is most protected.

Have flaps behind the tires very low to the ground and I have some diamond plate aluminum to put in front of the tires. I don't worry about grime, just have to prevent rock damage.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Be lucky if they ever see half that weight.

Road grime:rotflmao........ How much grime ya think is gonna be on the trailer towed behind:angel:. One on the bed is most protected.

Have flaps behind the tires very low to the ground and I have some diamond plate aluminum to put in front of the tires. I don't worry about grime, just have to prevent rock damage.

Yeah, they can always be washed...probably not crazy about repainting or gel coat repair though!

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they can always be washed...probably not crazy about repainting or gel coat repair though!

Wash - is reimbursed if I have to do it or pay the dealer.;Sweet btw if I do it it's only a $10 reimbursement so how much ya think I'll spend at a coin wash..... $10 which comes to about 7-10 minutes.... high pressure rinse only and drag it in dripping wetLOL

Rock damage - 1st $1k comes out of my pocket:eek:

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Wash - is reimbursed if I have to do it or pay the dealer.;Sweet btw if I do it it's only a $10 reimbursement so how much ya think I'll spend at a coin wash..... $10 which comes to about 7-10 minutes.... high pressure rinse only and drag it in dripping wetLOL

Rock damage - 1st $1k comes out of my pocket:eek:

Yeah, I see your point! :)

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hows about tomorrow...WW has to work so I can drop her off and I can be chase/film rig :D

I got a hold of WW, I'll give ya a call later.... when ya get done playing around in the mud puddle.LOL

Well it's black....... as well as my jeans, shoes, shirt, face and hands. Tastes great, less filling...... Old raggedy sneakers were so sticky and covered with grass, paint and dirt I took them off outside and tossed them in the trash before even walking in the house.

Now it's the beginning of the thrash called final assembly. Lots of little details to take care of like this license plate bracket and light. Gotta go shopping now and pick up a bunch of misc items for the truck.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
tonkadoctor said:
I got a hold of WW, I'll give ya a call later.... when ya get done playing around in the mud puddle.

Today was too nice NOT to ride! ...was handlebar deep in the pond when you called :D