torque converter options?

tyates007

Reaction score
Time to rebuild the tranny. I guess I can't complain because it lasted me 190,000 miles. I pull a 4 horse trailer as well as a larger rv and want to make the tranny as tough as possible this time. Any input or experence with different converters would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

deanj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you do not say what trans C6, E40. If you have the later trans with the electronic o/d go with a good billet T/C at a min. one that is designed for RV's. There are plenty of T/C out their, do not have a rebuilt stock put in. Whith the rebuild have them put in a code 62 kit for the pump, the clutches can be the HD C6 kit. Put in a "shift kit" for the valve body. Make sure that the FIPL is adjusted correctly.

tyates007

Reaction score
The tranny is a E40D in a 94 truck. Sorry about forgetting the specifics. Thanks for the reply.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Hm.. well unfortnatley the very best T/C you can get can't be bought. You can only get it if you buy a complete BTS tranny, at least from what i've heard. But yeah, BTS has the best there is, i believe suncoast makes the next best and you can probably buy theirs.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yaric008 said:
Hm.. well unfortnatley the very best T/C you can get can't be bought. You can only get it if you buy a complete BTS tranny.

Not true....................

CLICK HERE for the TC in a BTS tranny. You can also get very good TC's from suncoast as well. ATS also? I am running one of THESE in my E4OD with about 325 hp (guestimated) at the wheels.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tyates007 said:
The tranny is a E40D in a 94 truck. Sorry about forgetting the specifics. Thanks for the reply.

Welcome to the site. Please feel free to embelish your profile and add some signiture information so we may more easily help you. :angel: