Today was a bad day.

Lost_Gasser

Reaction score
Well, my truck has been running great. Fresh heads, new injectors, new starter solenoid and battery cables that are a day old. She was truly running and driving like a dream. Not using oil, not a hint of coolant usage - It was finally the truck that I'd worked so hard to put together. Great truck - happy guy. I bought a rebuild kit for the transfer case this morning - that was the last thing to fix.

Fast forward to this afternoon - I'm helping my buddy move his riding lawn mower - about 20 miles round trip. He even commented on how nice my $800 truck was. About the time we started back it happened.:puke:

Haven't looked to see exactly what it is yet, but the best guess right now is a rod let loose and put a skylight in the side of my block. As we were winching it onto the rollback I watched $150 worth of week old coolant and oil drain out onto the highway. What a heartbreaker.

I've got another block sitting in the garage, but I haven't decided if I can justify going through it and swapping it over yet. I've already gone way over the original budget, and I'm going to be moving cross country very shortly - hate to put that much time and money in it and have to sell it for a loss anyway.

In the mean time, if anyone needs components (obviously, you won't want the block) -I'm very seriously thinking about stripping what I want off of this truck and dragging it into the scrap yard.:angel: If I can re-coup a few hundred dollard towards the credit card bill I'll probably be willing to cut my losses.

Before anyone asks - I'm not 100% sure about the condition of the Gearvendors unit, but if someone's interested I'll pull it off and check it out, I never had the time to replace the wiring that the prior owner kicked out.

-Josh

pauls painting

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:thumbsup: i would be interested in any thing in good condition gear vendors is still avaiable? email me what all you have for sale and price. [email protected]havefriends in seattle .so maybe he could pick up and ship to me

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're in Oak Harbor? What do you want for the gear vendors and is your truck an automatic?

I live in Renton and that isn't too far away. email me via this website.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouch! A heartbreaker indeed. Don't sell it off just yet. Take a little time and think it over. You can probably pick up a runing engine for under a grand, maybe even half that. Your rebuilt heads could have been the problem. If a keeper wasn't done right and it swallowed a valve..... What a shame. You owe it to yourself to do an autopsy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online