Tire choices

ShadetreeV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply @austin92 .
Im concious about the thinner optioned tires though they may be better for more off-road duty, both options I'm looking at are E/10ply rated so should maintain the handling. I'm a bit unsure about the 285's on the stock rims though.
I would love a set of ko2's if I had the extra coin, they look great and handle even better off the beaten path, $1200 for 38k/mi seems a bit steep to me as well. I have a SBC build to fund for my 55 chevy and mouths to feed so the price point has to be brought down as much as I can get for a decent tire.

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply @austin92 .
Im concious about the thinner optioned tires though they may be better for more off-road duty, both options I'm looking at are E/10ply rated so should maintain the handling. I'm a bit unsure about the 285's on the stock rims though.
I would love a set of ko2's if I had the extra coin, they look great and handle even better off the beaten path, $1200 for 38k/mi seems a bit steep to me as well. I have a SBC build to fund for my 55 chevy and mouths to feed so the price point has to be brought down as much as I can get for a decent tire.
What year is your truck and 2 or 4wd? I have an 88 f250 4x4 with 235/85s, the 83 in this thread is 2wd 245/75s, and my 96 is 4x4 with 31x10.5s. Pictures of any of them help you decide on size?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the new tread design from Hercules but I really liked the old Terra trac AT. I have no idea how they would do with the weight of the 3/4 and 1 ton diesel trucks either as I had them on a 1/2 ton. They seemed to have a good tread wear, can't confirm milage as that truck didn't have a functional speedo. Also not sure about the new tread design but the old style were very good all around tires, they did better in mud than most mud terrains I have run, good in snow, and never got very loud on the highway.

Don't know anything about the corsa so maybe someone else here has experience with them.

Not sure if any of that helps, but good luck.
James

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bossviking

Members online