timing help needed in cinci

sootman73

Reaction score
is there anyone on here located in the cincinnati area that could help another oilburner set his timing? hes new to diesels and is having problems with acceleration even with the soup bowl mod, exhuast, and pump turned up one flat. i mentioned to him to advance his timing and he is interested.

he might also need some help adjusting the throttle cable. too much play in it it sounds.

thanks guys

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gee ****... last summer you had the whole BOOB world and free timing services at your doorstep. Timing IS everything. LOL

GREASE FIRE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can someone explain this to me a little? my 6.2 step van has the same injection pump and on the 6.2 forum no one ever talks about timing, other than the fact that you can loosen the three flange bolts that hold the pump on and rotate the pump slightly to advance or retard the timing. When i replaced mine on the 6.2 a couple years ago i played with it a little but saw no difference.
so i take it that it is much more important and more involved with these engines?
thanks,
paul

sootman73

Reaction score
Gee ****... last summer you had the whole BOOB world and free timing services at your doorstep. Timing IS everything. LOL

well he is on another forum and he doesn't know much about it other than the little that he read over there. TDG by the way. he just joined there and i dont personally know him. i just know someone around here is in cinci i was just lookin to see if someone was close by that had the timing equipment and know how to use it.