timing for wvo

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Well I have all setup and was wondering one more thing, do I have to retard the timing on mi IP to run with wvo mix?

Thank you.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
no timming issues here I don't know if a different timing would better help WVO or not but I can't notice any difference between wvo and D2

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
No changes here. I ran up to 80 percent WVO/Kero (un heated)last week, but noticed the truck was getting harder to start. So I cut it back to 50/50. Haven't noticed any other drawbacks.

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
Do not run more than 20% WVO with out heating it to 170 first in the tank. The gycerol that is removed from wvo in bio diesel prodution is still there in wvo and does not burn clean if the fuel is not aleast 170 deg. It turns to coke ash and gets stuck in your rings and causes them to stick , you loose compression and the truck gets hard to start. And it does not take long at all for it to happen. Plus you should only run wvo as a diesel fuel extender for short periods. Even @ 20% and heating it build up occurs but it it easily flush out @ that point. Once it builds up you are screwed. I found this the hard way. This is why I started making Biodiesel. I thought I was saving time and money by using wvo, nope. In the long run make the Biodiesel it is so simple and takes very littte room. Plus @ .55 a gal it is where it is at and runs better than #2 diesel.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
My buddy and I have been running 50% mix for 2 years now and he has went higher then that with no ill effects I'm running 100% wvo now and have been for almost a year now its heated but I'm sure its not 170 degs most will say all you need is around 140 degs but it is an experimental fuel even the home brew Bio so its up to you on what you want to risk

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
RKOCH do you have any more info on your processor?
Eric how are you heating your WVO?

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
It is fairly simple 55 gal drums a little welding plumbing a couple of cheap 40 dollar pumps. You can make it with less but I automated a lot of it. I will take some pics and post here so you all can see have I did it.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
well the tank is black it sits between the stacks and above the cross over pipe I have a 300 watt 12v heater in the tank and I have a copper line with antifreeze running right by the fuel line with a hose around both lines to keep the heat in and then I have copper line wrapped around the filter and line from the fuel pump to the filter head

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Hey Rkoch you are not so far, maybe one day you let me see how you make that bio-d.

I have a heater for the tank, insulate the fuel lines a bit and I have a 26 plate heat exchanger before the fuel filter, I think that must raise the temps a bit.

I got the plans from dana lindscott, id not do it same way but sure does give good ideas. So far I have 2-3 restaurant give Me their oil, will see how much I can handle and then maybe get a couple more.

btw thank you for the reply on the timing.

Aric, any links for that 12v heater?

Exekiel69

Reaction score
93turbo_animal said:
http://www.hydrogenappliances.com/hotwater.html

here you go EZ If I need another one though I'm going with the 600 watt unit although like they say you have to mount them so it stays in the oil or it burns out

Thanks Aric. Also I was thinking of that, especially with the stock tank I must make sure not to run low. For now I have the hot-rod from Danas and will see how good it is, I can allways add more of it :D .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online