ticked off, truck wont run

offroadohio

Reaction score
Forcefed and a buddy are stopping down to help me out tommorrow.

Today there wasnt any smoke, but its still getting really hot. And there was some air back in the system AGAIN.

offroadohio

Reaction score
Well, we didnt figure much out, found there is a dead short someplace, and we believe it to be in the relay, going to change that tommorrow and see what happens.

Today it was full of air again aswell and wouldnt fire. Waiting on the new parts to arrive and then gp from there on that.

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well sorry we couldn"t figure much out. But you do have a dead short in that relay, thats for sure. It was like putting a wire from the positve terminal to negative terminal. Instantly hot and smoking. Has anybody else had this problem with a glowplug relay? We took the two 10 guage wires that feed the relay out of the conector and plug the harness back together, no problems. But soon as we tried to slide the two wires back in the harness they were throwing sparks on contact and heating up the wires till we couldn"t hold them no more. (hot):confused:

offroadohio

Reaction score
well poopy, wouldnt yaknow I bought the ONLY relay any of the parts stores in zanesville had in stock (which is odd, youd think as many fords as there are they'd be all over the shelves) be danged if I didnt tighten the nut down to far and brake the terminal clean off. So now ive wasted 13bucks, and have to wait for one to come in.

Good news is I put a new fuel selector on and after about 10 cranks it had fuel comming out the bleeder

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well thats good. So you must have been sucking in air from that valve then??? Hopefully that will solve your air in fuel problem.

offroadohio

Reaction score
Hopefully when the new, new relay comes in i'll ahve all the issues resolved, and can move on to the new open air breather, and 3" exhuast I've been trying to get to since I bought it.

Again thanks for comming over and helping out, even though we didnt accomomplish alot it was nice to have the help, and to meet ya.

Wanderer-rrorc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it wasnt for bad luck!!

I was changin the front pads on the van (cus a grinding noise will tell you they need replaced...)...then decided to do the bypass on the heatercore with the ranger hotwater valve mod......my AC still isnt right..while feeling around...I found SEVERAL fuseable links off the pass side that were hot/warm to the touch..nothing so hot you couldnt hold on..just warmer than I would figure...probably blower motor stuff (front and rear on the van)..but there were more than 2 that were too warm...hmmm...wonder what they are?:dunno

offroadohio

Reaction score
cut them, what ever shuts off will let yu knwo what they are for :)

No work on mine, had a b-day party to attend, gma turned 80

dslmechanic

Reaction score
You may also need to check to the gp relay and it's base to make sure you haven't got a cooked controller.. You will have to pull it from the mount off the motor to look at the base to see if it has melted.. I had this problem and 2 different wiring harnesses wouldn't fix the problem.. Had to change the controller..If you are getting air in the system you may wan't to replace the timing sensor on the #1 injector as the porcelain in sensor may be cracked this will cause fuel to flow back to tank over night.. Hope this will help you ..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online