thought some of yall might be intrested!

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Don't know their reasoning. The black truck had duals likethat with a SRW bed and they would not pass it for inspection. He'll the tires didn't really even stick outside the bed!

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Don't know their reasoning. The black truck had duals likethat with a SRW bed and they would not pass it for inspection. He'll the tires didn't really even stick outside the bed!

There is a cab chassis running around Eastland with a srw bed on it with duals. Has a tool box mounted in the gap between the bed and cab. I think it depends on where you are in Texas. Some places you can get away with more.:dunno

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score

I would tell that inspection station to SHOVE IT, until they could show me in black and white where it says you cant run duals under a regular pickup bed.
Its not like they stick outside the body

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I would tell that inspection station to SHOVE IT, until they could show me in black and white where it says you cant run duals under a regular pickup bed.
Its not like they stick outside the body

I am with you, and I have told stations to stick it. Look at all the BS I went through back in October! One station said the truck was junk, and another station said it was solid and fine.

I like the looks of that style truck, and with a nice paint job it would last a fellow a LONG time! I agree that the frame should have been shortened a little, but if it was me, I would go all out and shorten it to a short bed, DRW truck, and leave the bed fender-less the way it is.

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes that should be the reason(tires exposed beyond lip) but all the 4x4 guys dont seem to have much issue with that.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Nothing a little fender flare and mud flaps shouldn't clean up.cookoo That flexible black lawn edging has saved many off roaders from the strong arms of the law.LOL

FordGuy100

Reaction score
All I know is they wouldnt pass it, so they put a SRW axle under it and it was good to go. Inspection station is a little hole in the wall in a town of like 30 people, all the old timers sit on the porch and talk. They pass just about everything, but they wouldnt let it slide.

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
All I know is they wouldnt pass it, so they put a SRW axle under it and it was good to go. Inspection station is a little hole in the wall in a town of like 30 people, all the old timers sit on the porch and talk. They pass just about everything, but they wouldnt let it slide.

That's strange. I know of at least one place in Eastland Co. that would have passed it without blinking.
Maybe the station has been bit before and didn't want to chance it. I think they get fined pretty hefty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online