Thinking about a long trip in the IDI safety check and a few questions

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Just maintaince items cross my mind. Your truck doesnt ever suck air every now and then? Tank selector valve works good? Lights are all working and in order?

The only other issue I ran into was I had a loose return line cap that leaked a little fuel. Tried to fix that at my uncles in So-Cal, ended up shattering the cap (I put a socket on it and pushed down, worked for me before, guess the plastic was to brittle). Had to go get a whole new return line kit from Napa....for roughly $100. Wish I had another on me at that point!

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ended up shattering the cap (I put a socket on it and pushed down, worked for me before, guess the plastic was to brittle). Had to go get a whole new return line kit from Napa

The International shop near me sells them individually :D I broke two, sockets work good though just dont mash em.

gatorman21218

Reaction score
JD I have a vacuum pump I can lend you. I disconected mine since it wasnt doing anything anyway since I switched over to hydroboost and my AC is broken and all the vacuum lines are cracked anyways so the vent doors are stuck on defrost. I dont want to outright sell it because I may find a princess who has to have her AC but for now the belt is off and its just going along for the ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online