thermostat part numbers and gaskets 92 7.3

jsnap

Dunce
Reaction score
anyone can help me with the international and ford part #s for the t stat and gaskets i would apreciate it thanks in advance. Richie M

suv7734

Reaction score
Just bought one the other day. Ford and International were about the same price when I checked. The Ford piece is an RT-1049 and came with a gasket in the box.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Its just as posted above but the Ford part number on the box under the RT1049 is E5TZ-8575-C. I usually buy two and test them in a pan of hot water but only when the wife isn't around....:mad: -cuss The candy thermometer works very well although I have never gotten one to open up to the factory specs of .026. The measurement from the bottom of the sealing flange down to the bottom of the copper pill when at 212 degrees in supposed to be 1.19 and be full open at that temp.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I forget is the napa thermostat the wrong one for the idi's or the power strokes I can remember something being wrong with the napa replacement for one of the trucks

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I forget is the napa thermostat the wrong one for the idi's or the power strokes I can remember something being wrong with the napa replacement for one of the trucks

I've gotten a NAPA one and they look identical to the Ford replacement one. Unfortunatly I can't recall the part number.:dunno

benwill1

94Ecabfaciditrb4x4
Reaction score
The check ball in my t-stat housing was stuck. Be sure it is free. It allows air to escape from the block.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
ok must have been the psd guys that said to use ford only

I think you will find the IDI guys saying the same thing. I was nearly crucified for using a Stant when I bought my truck. It is still in there after nearly two years and I seem to run nice temperatures, except for twice when I went near 220. Still don't know why, but haven't changed the t-stat either...who knows. Drove the hell out of it today and never saw over 190. We had a youth hunt all weekend and we worked the ole girl, but she never had a hiccup. I purchased the Ford one and it is sitting right here on my desk. I purchased it because everyone said that is what I had to have.

suv7734

Reaction score
Ford or IH is the recommendation here as well. That NAPA part is 'new' compared to the ones they used to specify.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online