The ultimate truck ideas?

Ruger_556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm considering building a truck this summer and looking for input. My idea is to take a '92-'94 extended cab F-350 and drop a DT360 in it with and maybe a ZF6/1356 to hold it. I see everyone that has done this swap either cut's the firewall or does a body lift. Would it be possible to drop the engine and tranny down instead of going up with the cab? I know I would have to build my own cross members but it seems like it would work?

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
I don't see why you couldn't do it with a suspension lift, as long as you do it right and stay away from the blocks

Ruger_556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see why you couldn't do it with a suspension lift, as long as you do it right and stay away from the blocks

All theoretical until I find a truck but I think a 2" suspension lift would give me enough room that i could drop everything down and get away from the firewall and floor pan. A dt360 isn't much longer than 6bt I don't think. I just really hate the way body lifts look and I shy away from cutting firewalls. Anyone know if medium duty transmissions will work with a master/slave clutch setup or are they all linkage set ups?

dta360

Reaction score
hey i see your considering a similar swap to what ive been thinking about and i would really like to do mine aswell because the dt is a very reliable and stout engine that you can make lots of power from the hardest part i have seen is going to be the transmission

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online