The Dewey gets the call!!

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty Cool!!! :thumbsup: We got the call from our church to pull our "Keep Christ in Christmas" float in the local Xmas parade!! It was an 18' double axle trailer with about 25 band members on board playing Christmas music. It was nice to have an IDI pulling a float cuz year after year you see your share of Power Strokes :puke: !!

The "Little Heads" as Joe calls em had a blast waving and yelling Merry Christmas!! ;Sweet It was also nice to be riding instead of marching and carrrying the banner like I've done in years past - I was alot less tired when the parade was over!! LOL :D

attachment.php

This pic is just before the start of the parade -- Family and Dewey with the band loaded up on the float.

attachment.php

This pic is also before the parade - before we put the final decorations and stuff on the float (trailer).

Sorry about the links - I can't figure out how to post the thumbnails??

Attachments

• XMas Parade ob1.jpg
    XMas Parade ob1.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 47
  • XMas Parade ob2.jpg
    XMas Parade ob2.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 44

WD40

Reaction score
Sure glad you got the call to have the float in the parade. :thumbsup: We all need to be working hard to "Keep Christ in Christmas" The same ones who want it out are the ones who think we all should drive little cars that get 40 or 50 MPGs also.
You sure have one fine looking 1991 F350 Crew Cab Dually. ;Sweet ;Sweet I just sold my 91 Super Cab SRW Gasser. Only had 88000 miles on it, and was a very good looking truck.

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
What! you didn't even put any lights on the truck? geesh, my work van got a string of the LED lights on it ;)
Great to see something like that going on, I should talk to our pastor about starting something like that here! I have made a point of saying "Merry Christmas" to everyone that is saying "Seasons Greetings"

pafixitman

Reaction score
Something is wrong w/ the pics. The trees have leaves and the ground is clear! :rotflmao :rotflmao

Way cool. :thumbsup: ;Sweet The whole holiday :puke: / Christmas deal has been in the media a lot up here.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pafixitman said:
Something is wrong w/ the pics. The trees have leaves and the ground is clear! :rotflmao :rotflmao

Way cool. :thumbsup: ;Sweet The whole holiday :puke: / Christmas deal has been in the media a lot up here.

My thoughts exactly! Won't that wreath on the front make it overheat, in that hot weather? We don't even have Christmas parades cause it's too dang cold!

Anyway, congratulations Eric. It's always fun to be in a parade. The Moose Truck has been in 2, when we have promoted the MAFDC, and then the BOOB. Here's a shot taken in the pre-parade line up in Quarryville.

Too bad we need to work this hard to keep Christ in Christmas. Seems like a lot of people want the benefits of Christmas, without the need to be Christian, yet if you try to tamper with the ****, or Muslim traditions, they will cut your balls off. I'm glad to see Christians are taking a stand! I've been retaliating with the "Merry Christmas" response as well. I'm actually looking forward to offending somebody this holiday season. LOL

Attachments

• 1773moosetrucksolanco2003-med.jpg
    1773moosetrucksolanco2003-med.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 21

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! It was alot of fun!
I got lights - you can't see it but I rigged the wreath to light up! It's the one B used to put on the front door but I stole it and put an inverter under the hood so I could plug it in! And no it doesn't cause the truck to overheat - it was actually cold that day...hmm about 55 I think!! LOL We all had coats on!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online