TECH 101 Terminal cleaning

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SO GOTTA ger my E4OD working right...limp mode..

Going to go easy first clean solenoid pack connectors and inspect fkr issues.

That being said my local auto marine electric guru gave me a tip a while ago for connectors on tractors and orchard sprayers I felt worthy of passing along.

Take a hand held sandblaster like here

http://www.toolmech.com.au/assets/thumbL/ST-HANDSAND.png

Now fill it with BAKING SODA not sand....and media blast the connectors...it neutralizes acidic corrosion and cleans so nice. I will post picks soon.

These are superb for trailer plugs and just about any connector on a truck car boat etc.

Once clean...decent application of dialectric grease is always a great idea.

JM7.3CW Eh!

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Works great, been doing it a while. Ever since.oregon started using deicer on the roads... And for trailer plugs, rinse with water, blow dry, grease.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got one now....filled w baking soda....

Nkw to test on something LOL

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

UMR_Engnr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious to see how this works. The connector on my cruise control servo was pretty bad but I couldn't think of an easy way to clean it. Luckily that wasn't the problem.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm curious to see how this works. The connector on my cruise control servo was pretty bad but I couldn't think of an easy way to clean it. Luckily that wasn't the problem.
Well this vid is Not of electrical connectors but rust on a plate.

I did the e4od connector but its still in limp mode. It was terrible light under truck and no way to hold phone and plug and blaster.

So here

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Enjoy...

It cleans terminals exquisitly BTW...i will try find some POS wiring to do test vid w

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Baking soda is a truely wonderful cleaner. It will NOT harm car or truck sheet metal like other blasting media will. Round here I use it when the wifey leaves clothes or towels to dray in the washer after washing them. You know that funky smell. She can't smell it but I sure can. Just add 1/4 box and about 1/4 washing soap to that stinky load. Your golden and not stinky. I remember that smell from riding the bus to school. Same family would get on and the stink was horrible. Their mother was a drunk cause there were no drugs back then...:bs:bs:bs:angel::drunk:;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online