Taillight guards and taillight housings

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

A couple days ago due to random enforcement of Murphys law my taillight housing was broken so I need a new one.

I planned on ordering the TYC brand housings off RockAuto but figured I'd ask if there are any decent OE STYLE aftermarket ones (none of those "euro style" ones), possibly full LED for a reasonable price? I found some nice ones but they're way out of budget. It's not a big deal but figured I'd ask in case someone found some good ones.

I'm also wondering if anyone has found those brush guard style taillight guards for sale for our trucks. Can't find anything that fits on Google.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Chris, those are nice and not cheesy looking, but personally, I'm on the fence about anything that's not stock in apearance, guess I'm just a retro-grouch... What about some new stock style lights and some high quality LED's? Brush guards and a bumper in the rear and a ARB style front winch bumper in the front woud make for a good looking 4x4. Kinda like my Jeep :Thumbs Up

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like led. Just be warned you may need to swap to a led compatible flasher for your turn signals.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yep, me too, all of the interior bulbs with the exception of the main gage cluster, which is on the list... Exterior LEDs and a flasher are next for Raylan.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, me too, all of the interior bulbs with the exception of the main gage cluster, which is on the list... Exterior LEDs and a flasher are next for Raylan.

Keep in mind the brake lights are tied into the E4OD lockup somehow. I don't know how exactly but I know some people have switched to LED and had issues. I think a load resistor fixes it though, just wanted to warn you in case!

Hey Chris, those are nice and not cheesy looking, but personally, I'm on the fence about anything that's not stock in apearance, guess I'm just a retro-grouch... What about some new stock style lights and some high quality LED's? Brush guards and a bumper in the rear and a ARB style front winch bumper in the front woud make for a good looking 4x4. Kinda like my Jeep :Thumbs Up

Yeah I feel the same way about the appearance but I do kinda like these ones. I may just do LEDs in stock housings but I was thinking the new full LED unit might be significantly more noticeable. I've noticed the factory brake lights are pretty weak on these trucks.

I completely agree on the bumpers and stuff, it's just mo money lol. Gotta tackle my 4x4 swap before I start building more bumpers. I still have one to finish for my Jeep lol!