t444e out and 7.3 IDI in

Captain Morgan

Pipeline Mechanic
Reaction score
I have a T444E on a shipping stand that I bought as a running take out, but I have never pulled the heads to see what it looks like. I have the PCM/VPM and all the wiring harnesses
if you are interested in it for the rotating assembly I may make you a helluva deal.

Otherwise you will be cheaper to rebuild than to convert, I promise. That is if you are capable of doing the rebuild.

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
After you add up everything to repower the truck, it will be loads cheaper to keep the T444E. If anything, find another truck and swap the box onto it that has an IDI and the equipment needed. Same money and a lot less complicated than doing an engine swap.

1320Cummins

Pro Parts Thrasher
Reaction score
Or go for option 3 and dump in a gallon of Lucas oil stabilizer:rolleyes:
At 100~ miles a months I would prolly just run it till it dies and in the mean time start looking for another 444.

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well guys he decided to go with checking out the 444e that is in the truck first then making a choice as to another 444e or going with the 7.3 idi jasper engine he has with very low miles on it.

we dropped the oil pan to check the lower end of the engine and found evidence of that dreaded block worm. :eek: you can dump water in the system and it runs into the oil pan almost as fast as it runs into the block. :puke:

we are gonna start installing the idi motor after the first of the year. he's already had the IP rebuilt at a local diesel shop and bought new injectors and return line kit as well.

looks like i'm gonna learn a lot about the differences in a IDI and a powerchoke doing this job. ;Sweet i'll try to keep everyone posted on the differences that i find that may help everyone here. :thumbsup:

kristhewelder

Reaction score
I was told that the frond end accessories,water pump etc were very different on the two engines,For what its worth.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance