Suspension is shot!

MtnHaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered new front leafs from GeneralSpringKC which arrived very fast and the price wasn't insane even with 70 or 90 in shipping. I think the springs were model 43-516, two leafs and 2200lb rating per pack. You want the track bar. I did a D60 swap and drove a month without the trackbar and I can say they call it "Death Wobble" for a reason. Found a bar and bracket on fleabay for $200 delivered--kinda pricey but well worth it to get rid of the death wobble. I think you can also find an aftermarket bar and bracket for a decent price. If you will be lifting the vehicle then you may need a drop bracket.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All of the leaf springs I'm finding online look pretty flat, with the exception of the lift kit ones. Is that how they're supposed to be? I thought they were supposed to be more curved, like the rear springs? Thanks again!
they only have a hint of an arch. your mini pack is compensating for the sagging front springs.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at what you have from the pic

Somone likely tossed a 60 in u der it where a TTB once resided. No trackbar and the negative arch springs with the ministack is why I am speculating this.

Measure your pitman arm center to center and report back we can then determine if it is a D60 arm or TTB

My guess its ttb

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at what you have from the pic

Somone likely tossed a 60 in u der it where a TTB once resided. No trackbar and the negative arch springs with the ministack is why I am speculating this.

Measure your pitman arm center to center and report back we can then determine if it is a D60 arm or TTB

My guess its ttb
i was going to say that initially until I read that he's a CC 4x4. he's post '85, so D60 would be oem.

fyrfghter

Reaction score
I have the blue arrow, but not the orange.

So, can a cheap little MIG welder rig do the job for an RSK install?

All of the leaf springs I'm finding online look pretty flat, with the exception of the lift kit ones. Is that how they're supposed to be? I thought they were supposed to be more curved, like the rear springs? Thanks again!

Suspension is not the placed to skimp with a "cheap welder." Especially if you don't have much welding experience. I did the SORD RSK on mine, its only a couple of hundred bucks and super simple to install.

fyrfghter

Reaction score
That's why I was asking. No welding on the SORD?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The kit tells you to weld the spacer in place, however the bolts go through the spacer so realistically there is no need to weld it in place. It isn't going anywhere and it does not add any structural strength to the kit.

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
i was going to say that initially until I read that he's a CC 4x4. he's post '85, so D60 would be oem.

I've seen '85 with D50. Always thought 86 was the changeover year for D60, unless it was a mid '85 change.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online