superduty lift springs on older ford f250

Kodeman

Reaction score
hello, i have a 1999 f350 SRW pickup with a 6" lift on it, well i am taking the lift off and going back to stock springs for better towing, my question is , i have a 1992 f250 flatbed im looking on lifting, has anyone put superduty springs on an older ford? if so do they match up well? any help would be great. thanks

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
'99 and up are completely different animals compared to the '97 and older.
I'm not saying you CAN'T do it, but you're going to spend much more than you really should to make it happen.

averagef250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 98+ superduty front springs are close enough to interchange with 67-79 stuff, but they will not work with 80-97 leaf sprung stuff unless you use rear shackles and move the shackle mount to accomodate the different spring length. No idea where the axle centerline will be either, this might make it a no-go period. You'd have to measure to be sure.

If you adapt the newer springs, realize you need to maintain the 3-4 degree spring pad angle otherwise you'll be running angle shims in front (bad idea) or turning the knuckles on your front axle.

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
i've heard the sd springs are longer in the fron like 3 inches so u would need to move your shackle mounts forward like 3-4 inches

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7