Streering Box

Mont91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy, been awhile since I have been here. Bought an '06 6.0 in November. 250 King Ranch 4 door short box 4X4. Clean Oasis except EGR valve at 93k. Currently 104k and seems to be solid. I did have the rear drive shaft balanced, factory weights were 180 off.

My problem is the steering wants to pull left then suddenly releases back to neutral. Plus it occasionally is stiff when turning at low speed. Makes me think the torque sensor valve is sticking or leaking, if this s the system still used. Any thoughts?

Mont91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered a new steering box today. Flushed the fluid system with 2 gallons of fluid. Things went down hill fast. Instead of pulling left all the time it went to surging left hard or soft slow or fast sometimes pulsing so fast it was like a sever shimmy(death wobble). I could take my hands off the wheel and the truck would dance back and forth down the road, other times it would drive normal, others it almost took two hands to keep it straight then it would release back to neutral this would take almost the entire lane. Fluid was black the inside the reservoir has brown caking.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine has a slight pull to it as well, I have just attributed it to needing an alignment and havent done it yet, keep us in the loop on your steering box install.

Mont91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ran into some other front end problems. Found a seized knuckle joint and a seized vacuum hub cartridge. Replaced U joint and steering damper, left hub cartridge out and put it in tool box in the pickup. So now when I put the hubs in I really put he hubs in. The steering box was returned as I am unemployed so that project will have to wait. The parts replaced greatly reduced the pulling and the flush job is making the entire steering system quieter so maybe my steering box issue will solve its self.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7