still skipping

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I got into it today checked the injector torque, it was fine,cracked all the lines definate change in idle. I finally got to drive it by myself this evening. It appears to me that it runs smooth at slight throttle pressure then skips when more pressure is applied. When the rpms go up it skips.:confused:

To be honest I had a pump on one of the other motors we had do this and i replaced the pump and it quit.

This is a new pump:confused: , but is there a chance that it could be bad or the timing be off enough to cause this? It is almost like the advance is not working or something of that nature. I know it is starting to wear on my saintness ( as Tanya called me). I guess I need to move north closer to PA so I have help closer to me.;Really

I can say that up until the old pump just died there was no skip. the skip has came with the new pump!cookoo

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth BJ, in addition to what we spoke about on the phone, it COULD be the pump. I had a pump fail that did pretty much what your talking about when it went, and then a new one that was put on by the dealer :)eek: I know... I know... happened a LONG time ago) which was DOA. The compression test is worth the effort if for no other reason than to document the general health of the motor, but you may end up swapping out the whole injection system again if that checks out. :sorry: