Steering Column question.

ISELLTRUX

Cars and SUV's
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone tried to steal my beast over the weekend and ruined the ignition and it's surroundings. Is it possible to just replace the collar and respective ignition parts?
You must be registered for see images attach

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most likely for the work involved quicker to get a replacement column honestly!

Of course rebuilding this one CAN take place but it's way way quicker to remove and replace with a different column

JM2CW

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clearly they weren't very good at what they do if you still have it. That looks like a tilt column. Tilt manual columns do come up on ebay once in a while but not very often. Just for a data point, figure on about $180 shipped if it does. I looked for a long time before I found one. Somebody replaced the tilt column with a straight column in my truck and I wanted to put it back to original.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a TILT/Manual brick nose column here in stock 200+ shipping from 98844 NO wheel as it increases shipping costs

ISELLTRUX

Cars and SUV's
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer Riot Warrior. I just might have to do that. Does it come with a key? Can you gimme an idea for shipping to 78148?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes key for Ign...LOL

No idea on shipping...sorry, I"d have to pull it and measure and weigh it out to determine shipping costs...75 bucks or less I'd think!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes. any manual shift 87-91 column is a drop in. 80-86 you need to switch out a bracket and maybe the turn signal switch and pigtail.

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i put an 80-86 column in my 90 bronco. i think all ihad to do was swap the bracket to the dash from the 90 column to the 86 one. about 5 years ago since i did it. the plasic trim thing does work right either if i recall, i just know i didnt put it back on

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
Good grief, if they were that ill prepared to start it, I doubt they would have known how to drive it being a stick shift.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online