Starting Troubles!!!!

Camarogenius

Reaction score
:mad: -cuss
So I cleaned up all my battery terminal ends, and in the process found my Starter Solonoid was Cracked, so I replaced the solonoid. now no starty!! :backoff
I get the clicking in the relay on the inner fender behind the Pass. side battery, but no life from the starter. Did I get a bad solonoid, or have I got another problem?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jump the solenoid with a pair of metal handled pliers, and you'll find out.

Camarogenius

Reaction score
I was going to do that. I'm just not real fond of the Idea of doing that while I'm under the truck.

aaklingler

Reaction score
you can also try that on the relay, nuetral, ebrake and front wire on ip pulled. somebody needs to push the clutch pedal down and turn the key get juice to the starter selinoid.

Camarogenius

Reaction score
I Did try it on the relay, and got nothing. The relay would click, but no noise from the starter.

sassyrel

Reaction score
camaro--those solenoids arent known for being durable--------so-ya might have twisted it a bit--and ruined it--been there-ive rebuild a few--have to be careful with them--the solenoid from the idi to the later powerstroke--they updated the post size and such on the solenoids--which mine will get before long--because the idi tended to burn the one post!!!!!!! and the cable right along with it!!!!!! :D :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online