Starting PROBLEM

91ford7.3td1in

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the mornings or anytime the first time i start my truck it has to be with ether but it will start fine without it the rest of the day.:dunno I just changed the glow plugs in it and im thinking maybe the relay needs to be changed. any answers would be gladly read.:hail

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Is the GP indicator light lighting up when you turn your key? Id say the GP controller failed which on the newer style they fail on the off position. I suggest NOT using ether on your truck. Get a test light out and test them by grounding it and hitting it on the GP tip and see if your actually getting power to them beings there new.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Why do people look down so much on ether? I realize that if you spray too much in there you will burn holes in the pistons and it's ******* internals. If you only use a 1/2 second burst or so AFTER you roll the motor over to get the pistons wet with fuel, it's not bad stuff. I have been starting my truck on ether for a year now, and nothing bad has happened. Mind you I have worked in a truck shop for a couple years and I drive trucks for a living, so I deal with this stuff all the time.

91ford7.3td1in

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The light turns on and stays on for about 10sec but im thinking its still the controller cause the motor only has 40 000

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
My dads 7.3 is not a real good cranking engine its always a little cranky but it does run good and has good power

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online