Starter soleniod issuses

stumiister

Diesel Truck Tech
Reaction score
Im working with a '92 F150 with 5.0 gas engine, the owners of the truck had a friend change the starter soleniod on the right side inner fender next to the battery, when they went to put the wires on they forgot how the wires were attached to the soleniod, so I have the pleasure to fix this but since I didnt take it apart I need some help on how this goes together since both of my trucks are pre '90 I cant use them for reference, any help, comments, or direction is appreciated, thanks in advance.

sassyrel

Reaction score
Im working with a '92 F150 with 5.0 gas engine, the owners of the truck had a friend change the starter soleniod on the right side inner fender next to the battery, when they went to put the wires on they forgot how the wires were attached to the soleniod, so I have the pleasure to fix this but since I didnt take it apart I need some help on how this goes together since both of my trucks are pre '90 I cant use them for reference, any help, comments, or direction is appreciated, thanks in advance.

did you figure it out??

stumiister

Diesel Truck Tech
Reaction score
Not yet but I did read a wire diagram in a chilton book and the 2 fuseable links need power all the time but there is another wire and Im not sure if it is ground or if it is a hot wire but with time and a DVOM Im sure I will figure it out but any assistance from anyone here would also be a great help thanks.