So what do you all think Chrome?

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
its not chromed but almost looks like it I can't really decide I think its just a little blingy being plain chrome maybe if I inset the air ducts and powder coated them black don't know I think I like them coated with something

Attachments

• b20.JPG
    b20.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 53
  • b18.JPG
    b18.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 48

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends. What's the rest of the truck look like? From there, I'd say chrome it- it'll look good with the grille and the alloy wheels. The two-tone paint also offsets the bling, and the chrome bumper will look good if the rear is also chromed, and maybe if it has some chrome sidesteps.

If the rest of the truck has dark colored trim (bumper, steps, perhaps a headache rack?), then powder coat it a color to match.

lets see the rest of the truck
Ryan

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
actually this is just a buddys truck I don't have access per say to the truck its going on I was just wondering for future reference about chrome to me I think it takes away from the bumper itself being chrome but thats just me

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
ahh and I forgot its a but load of extra work trying to smooth things out and I'm still afraid its going to be wavy in spots

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, I agree that it can take away from a nicely fabbed custom bumper.

All the custom work I've done has been powdercoated or rattle canned black- but that's all on my rockcrawler.

On that truck, it'd probably look good powdercoated a Pewter, or perhaps Gunmetal color.

Ryan

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
:eek:
It would look good fer sure on a monotone paint scheme truck.

If'n ya need a guinea pig on the next one I can supply the truck.:D

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
I vote CHROME!I ain't a fan of "Chrome" unless it can't be made out of stainless or aluminum.So bumpers are on my list of acceptable chrome.There is a difference in Chromed out and Bling.Chromed out is tastefully done with a clean theme.Bling is Chrome everything other than major body pannels like Door skins,fenders,etc and done with NO taste.Kinda like those stupid Ghetto Sleds jacked 6" with a lift and wagon wheels.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Nope haven't made any rear bumpers yet and I know the whole truck is not blinged out but I knoe most bumpers have a bump strip or something to add a little color I dunno after he gets it chromed I'll have to have hime send me pics of it and see what I think then

Exekiel69

Reaction score
You do excellent work on those bumper Aric, I don't think it will look wavy if You have it chromed. Personally I'd like it with the texture paint You used on yours.:thumbsup:

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Personally, for me something has to be dead straight and not wavy at all for chrome to look good. But then I'm not a big fan of blacked out bumpers either. I'd say either semi flat black, body color or bed liner spray. JMHO

Rawpower

'Froading Freak
Reaction score
I'm with GRuss, work on getting it fine polished and then clear coat it with something, or just PC Black.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I know its wavy I haven't figured out how to do that much grinding with out getting some wavyness and I'm afraid it will really show up when chromed but I explained this to the guy and he still wants chrome I lean more towards lower maintenance like bed linings my first bumper gets used and abused but it still looks great