so i was reading the splash article...

Nickbf2504x4

ATV Racr-IDI Driver
Reaction score
First of all thanks a million Rob for the excelent information...it was well worth the wait :hail

Just wondering if anyone could explain to me why water/**** injection would increase boost numbers?

BTW Rob what part of CO are you from im going to school at CSU in less than 2 months! ;Sweet

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Water/**** will increase boost because you are lowering the heat in the intake charge, thus, you are compacting the air charge, hence more boost, less EGT's. If you want a DPS H20 Set up, I have one, I will sell you. Still new in the box, don't think I am going to use it. With the propane and intercooler, I will have plenty of power and lower EGT's. Scotty

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
In addition to what Scotty said. **** is fuel, and water expands after it has lived through the combustion cycle. So the bottom line is, when the water is on, you have a much higher volume of ‘stuff’ exiting your exhaust manifolds and hitting the exhaust side of the turbo. Which will spin the turbo faster, and shove more air in on the intake side…

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Nickbf2504x4 said:
BTW Rob what part of CO are you from im going to school at CSU in less than 2 months! ;Sweet

I'm gonna be just about an hour south of you. We'll have to get together and have a 2 truck rally. BTW, I went to High School in Fort Fun. You'll love it!
;Sweet

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Nickbf2504x4 said:
ya forget mel and all the eastcoasters! haha :rotflmao

just kidding ofcourse :hail

Oh ya, I'm sure they will show. Since the price of diesel is so cheap and all... :rotflmao

Nickbf2504x4

ATV Racr-IDI Driver
Reaction score
an hour south huh? so if i play my cards right and wait a few months maybe i could install my splash system with the master! ;Sweet

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
beretzs said:
If you want a DPS H20 Set up, I have one, I will sell you. Still new in the box, don't think I am going to use it.

How much do you want for it?

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Nickbf2504x4 said:
an hour south huh? so if i play my cards right and wait a few months maybe i could install my splash system with the master! ;Sweet

You're on. Heck, if my intercooler works as well as I hope, the original splash system may even be up for grabs by then. Time will tell. :Sly