Slop in 4x4 Shift Linkage

94_IDIT_0830

Reaction score
Hi all.

Ive searched and have found no one with my problem yet. Maybe I'm not using the right words, idk. But my 4x4 selector has some major play in it. I can only get into 4hi if im lucky. The linkage is rotating on the shaft that goes into the transfer case. Is there supposed to be a key here or what? Would like to know before trying to uninstall the linkage so I can have some parts ready if need be.

UMR_Engnr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you know the linkage is rotating at the transfer case? Does the lever rotate but the circular bolt area remain fixed?

UMR_Engnr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if the levers are readily available. Pick n pull has 50% off this weekend. So if you have one near you, you could pull a whole unit for about $75.

UMR_Engnr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the diagram I was looking at it looks like there is a c-clip that holds that piece onto the shifting piece and you would need to split the case to replace it. If you have a welder maybe just wire wheeling it down to bare metal and welding the two pieces together. Not sure if enough heat would get in to damage the seal.

Looks like it is called a shift cam lever:

https://cobratransmission.com/bw135...3109-1?zenid=a64d43e493f2b17cfa2117e2b6ca16ff

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online