Shaking when slowing. Help please!!

Racing41

Reaction score
My truck started shaking when I am slowing down to stop. I am pretty sure its coming from the rear of the truck. It only starts it at about 30 mph and does it until I get stopped. It feels like I am driving over rumble strips. I thought maybe it was the rotors that needed to be turned. So I had that done yesterday, and it still does it. Anyone else have this problem? Its a 03 Dually. Now I am starting to think its something inside the rear. Any help is appreciated.

Racing41

Reaction score
Shaking when slowing

Just got done greasing them up. Seemed to help the problem but didnt fix it. Guess I will replace them next.

90CampRam

same thing happens to me with my '90 cummins.. I'll be greasing the u-joints tonight. if its still doing it. then i am getting the rotors turned.. thanks guys

dwillowguy

Reaction score
Your problem is the u-joints, my 03 did the same thing ended up being the joint at the rear end that was causing the problem. It looked OK and was'nt loose when shook but it was binding up.

geematee

Reaction score
U-Joints

Definitely U-joints, same thing happened with my '05. The "most affordable" I could find were 39 bucks each.

Mopar1973Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone here has good point...

But if the shaking occurs while braking the it brake related. (Rotors, etc)

If the shaking is while coasting then I would look at wheel bearing, drive shaft, u-joints, etc...

bekim

Reaction score
sounds like rotors need turning. Warped rotors will give a shimmy while breaking. A bent tie rod produces a potentially much greater wobble under the same circumstances.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86