Shakedown Run

nyteshades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I'm excited and no one else cares, so I figured you might guys might care...or at least understand. LOL

I just got back from a run to Bentonville, Arkansas. The point of the trip was to shakedown the truck before I go to Duluth next week. It was a good test...30 degrees and a 20 mile wind...so it was cold, well spring weather in Duluth anyway.

Truck ran great. There a couple of little things to fix like the non-work speedo, the cruise, wind noise, and the engine noise was a little loud...but all little stuff that can be fixed when I get back. No oil was used....it kept heat....and it pulled some of the grades better in 5th than I thought it would.

The only thing I need to do is bump the timing a touch. At about 2600 I got some vibration and it didn't smooth out running up to 2800.

All in all, after 13 months of hard work, lots of money...I'm thrilled to be able to finally enjoy the truck.

Again, I couldn't have done this without the help of the people here.....so I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your advice is greatly appreciated.;Sweet

Last edited:

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Thats great man. I know the feeling. My truck was down only 3 weeks with the hydroboost conversion from hell and it almost killed me not to be able to drive it. Theres always something that needs fixing, buts its nice when you ask her to do something and she does it

nyteshades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have no idea. I was almost at wits end with the oil problem and frustrated I couldn't drive it out of town. I don't mind the little things....I can fix them as I have time. Yes, I enjoyed it...I was very satisfied, and there was a grin on my face the whole time.

idi traveler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm shaking mine down right now from a fuel problem, a three mile trip then a 14 mile trip then a 30. Mid week will be a trip to Waco to pick up 300 gal of WMO, a 360 r/t give or take a little. Each little shake down the grin got bigger. Congrats and good luck.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats. I can't remember what issues you had now, but I'm glad you have it sorted out and back on the road. Time to plan a big trip in that IDI. Come to Pennsylvania this July and enjoy the Rally with us.

Heath

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online