Self Flushing Coolant Line

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I agree with Chillman88. I'd sure feel better with some steel line instead of all of the rubber hose too.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Next time you are in a wrecking yard, look at the 91 down "club wagons" They were the Ford factory "station wagon" version of the E-150. Most of them had a factory heat/ac located on the drivers side in the wall below the window closest to the drivers door. If Ford had ever made an E-Series with doors on bots sides, it would be "inside" the drivers side, side door. You might be able to utilize the factory tubing.

Or, look for an Excursion. They have factory heat/ac in the far rear passenger side, right in front of the passenger side tail light. They have a set of tubes that run the entire length of the passenger side, under the body. They would be close to 20 feet long each (supply/return). The Excursion ones appear to be a "weather resistant" metal, either galvanized, or maybe even aluminum...... if you like, next time I'm under there, I could snap a few pictures.....

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Next time you are in a wrecking yard, look at the 91 down "club wagons" They were the Ford factory "station wagon" version of the E-150. Most of them had a factory heat/ac located on the drivers side in the wall below the window closest to the drivers door.

Yeah, I had a 97 E150 conversion van with an extra condenser in the rear. Might have only been for AC? Not sure.

1/2" flexible copper tubing isn't terribly expensive, but rubber hose would probably be safer than that.

Honestly, I doubt hose would be a big deal, if routed properly so that it doesn't chafe on anything.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online