Seats

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
Has anyone swapped the bench seat for a 40-20-40 seat. I found one I'm going to buy out of an obs super cab to put in my crew cab. I was wondering if the bolt holes are there, under the carpet. I figured Ford would only have one floor pan to fit bench, captains chairs and 40-20-40 seat

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Floor pans and seats will interchange from regular cab and crew cab. Super cab has a different shape floor pan.

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
I just seen pic of another 40 20 40 and it has a sub frame that all 3 seats were mounted on. Looks like that bolted in were the bench seat was and the middle was stationary and the driver and passenger seat slide on there own tracks on the sub frame. Am I correct on that? Will any of the holes lin up? Is that the way they all were in cc trucks?
The ones I am looking to to buy are 3 separate seats.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

racin460

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the first pic you posted has a metal sub frame under it that will bought right in the second pic doesn't show the sub frame. something to look at a supper cab passenger seat flipped forward to access the rear. not the case in a cc or standard cab, by the way if you don't buy them and there the ones in the pic I would pay dearly for the center seat I need the conceal cover and the cup holder cover and the side plastic (tan) over the latch.

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
I am going to buy them and yes they are the ones in the picture. The only way I won't use them is if I find captains chairs
IM thinking or using aftermarket power seat bases

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they are not the same holes, the new seat should be 1-2 inches wider. i used some channel to reinforce the floor from the bottom with bit lock nuts and bolts to hold everything together.