Running rough under load

Blackascoal

Reaction score
I have a 94 F350 Turbo, auto, 150k. When truck is at operating temperature and when I floor it going up a hill or on a freeway on-ramp it stumbles slightly. Hesitates. It also emits a ticking sound. It sounds like there is a plastic bag stuck under neath (there isn’t of course). When I let off the gas the sound and stumble slowly goes away, not at once though Idles fine and runs perfect around town other than when I get on it. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Philip1

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does it stumble under load when cold too? What is your fuel pressure running at? How old is the fuel filter? Is the injectors/injection pump original?

Blackascoal

Reaction score
Does it stumble under load when cold too? What is your fuel pressure running at? How old is the fuel filter? Is the injectors/injection pump original?
Haven’t got on it cold. I will try though. Don’t know what fuel pressure is. Sounds like I need to find out. I’ve had the truck about 3 years, 20k and I haven’t changed the fuel filter. I’ll check for receipts from previous owner. I’ll check receipts for injection pump and injectors also. Thanks

Blackascoal

Reaction score
I’m ordering a new filter and also the fuel pressure gauge setup from Classic Diesel Design.

Well that blows. No shipping from CDD until 10/31. Looking elsewhere.

Dane Rickford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your exhaust crossover Pipe and make sure all the studs are tight. I had the same issue when I put my engine back in my truck and forgot to tighten the crossover up. I’m no expert under any stretch of the term, but that’s just my guess