Round Two

metalminded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy boys,

I have been away from the forums for some time now... all of the work i did when i got my truck paid off and it has been rock solid reliable for me. I have this forum to thank for that i believe, which parts to use and the right way to make the repair and also what maintenance to stay on top of. So first off, thank you to the guys that helped me out!

So, a good friend of mine owns a farm in the Adirondacks here in NY and a week ago the farm's truck died. That truck is used almost everyday and needed to be replaced in a hurry. Long story short, I ended up selling my truck to the farm and it just left for its new home in the mountains.

Round Two, as the title reads.... I need a new truck!

When i say "new truck" what i really mean... is an OLD truck! 6.0ltr? i think NOT. Couple of things i figured out from owning/working my truck, I don't need the crew cab and i definitely don't need a suspension lift. I primarily used the truck for towing a car dolly and a car trailer(and maybe a 31' airstream). On more than one occasion i found myself wanting more power, but the non turbo IDI always got it done. My truck had a 5spd with 4.10s and i think that works pretty good for my needs although in a perfect world i would like lower highway rpms. only used the 4x4 on 3 occasions and two of those situations were due to me screwing around :D so i am thinking a RWD truck might be ok if the rest of the requirements are met.
So... 94 IDI turbo regular cab, 5spd manual .... should be easy enough to find right? :/

I am on the hunt!

also, its good to be back.

one for the road:
http://i.imgur.com/4Hdep8Y.jpg

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turbo, Supercab would be better. Your legs and back will thank you for it, and and....not super big but nicely sized for added carry....

Good luck in the hunt

Glad to see ya back

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i couldnt go back to a standard cab. these crew cabs have me hooked.

metalminded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suppose the cab size isn't a deal breaker either.... good to be back!

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4wd is a nice option to have. Its better to have it and rarely need it then not have it and need it. If you don't get a 4wd, at least try to fin a good posi rear diff. I got stuck too much in my 1 tire fire 2wd trucks.

metalminded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does one identify a posi rear? aside from well... you know :peelout

metalminded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also... i have been looking for about 2 weeks now and i haven't found bupkis