Room for crow's foot & breaker bar for fan clutch?

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
If you go back the same way you did last fall (down highway 283 through Kansas) I'd change it for you.

More than likely, I will.

I'm itching to go over around Rapid City, SD before I head south. I wanted to last year but decided against it. If I go, I might cut back over to 283 afterwards for a campground in Nebraska that I went to last year. It only adds about 125 miles. There are great campgrounds back over that way, so I think it's worth the extra $40-50.

If I don't go to Rapid City, I'll still go last year's route for said campgrounds.

I'm just trying to decide if I want to spend $150 in fuel to go to Rapid City first. That pays a cushy month of city RV park here with A/C running. Maybe if I go there in September, the worst of the heat will be done over that way. I've done spoiled myself having A/C this summer. I haven't had it in a couple of years. Now I don't want to do without it, at least for the rest of this year.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Which campground in Nebraska was that? Maybe I know of it.

Pressey Park. Free electric for up to 14 nights, single water spigot for everyone, vault toilets, dumpster, picnic tables. Some primitive sites without electric also.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Ok I believe that's actually highway 21 (maybe wrong on the number). I'm sure that 283 actually ends at Lexington. You're talking about one of my travel areas. I went ATV riding and camping in the Nebraska National Forest by Halsey twice last year.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Ok I believe that's actually highway 21 (maybe wrong on the number). I'm sure that 283 actually ends at Lexington. You're talking about one of my travel areas. I went ATV riding and camping in the Nebraska National Forest by Halsey twice last year.

Yep, it does. But I came down NE-21 from Broken Bow to Lexington and then continued on down US-283 until Hill City, KS.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Where 283 makes a jog to the east along with 9, my garage is two miles farther east of the Hill City turn. Not too far off of your path at all.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Where 283 makes a jog to the east along with 9, my garage is two miles farther east of the Hill City turn. Not too far off of your path at all.

Yep, I went that way exact way.

G. Mann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check with your local auto parts store... ORileys for example... most have a very reasonable tool rental for speciality tools, like the fan clutch... you have to put a deposit, which you get back when you return the tool...
One time rental is way cheaper than owning it.... might look into that route...

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Check with your local auto parts store... ORileys for example... most have a very reasonable tool rental for speciality tools, like the fan clutch... you have to put a deposit, which you get back when you return the tool...
One time rental is way cheaper than owning it.... might look into that route...

From everything I've read and seem, the rental tools are too thin and don't have the right size wrench opening vs the KD/Gear wrench version.

Someone's review of the GearWrench one, comparing it to the free rental, with pictures. The rental looks warped/bent, a complaint I've seen in reviews for them.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
If you go to Rapid City I know a guy in Sturgis that will help you. He is a great mechanic and has owned many idi's. He may even let you camp on his property.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online

No members online now.