reverse shackle kit

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Snatch

Supposedly it improves the ride and handling a lot. It will only work if you have positive arch springs. (the ones on the IFS axles are reverse arch)

I rode in a F350 once that had a homeade one on it that was similar, but I didn't notice much of a difference in ride, but that truck was a real beater too, so who knows

ORU makes a similar kit that sells for around $400US, I see his "buy it now" price is $300, so it looks like the price is right if the bidding doesn't get crazy...

Zigg :)

Last edited:

Pipeliner_86

IDI up high
Reaction score
Snatch, if your looking for a better ride the reverse shackle will help. It will also lift the front end up a little. I built my own reverse shackle lift on my 86, lots of fab and welding. I built in about 4-5 inches of lift when I made mine, then put 4" blocks under the rear axle. I would say $300 ain't bad, I think I spent about 100-150 total to build mine. http://www.supermotors.org/vehicles/registry/detail.php?id=10839
Check my pics at supermotors.

snatchal

Reaction score
thanks for the input guys. After reading the add a little closer I noticed this kit is for 92-97 trucks. Mine is a 91. I wonder what the difference would be.
I have a straight front axle (Dana 60) and positive arch springs. My springs are now almost flat from carrying a plow all winter. The 3 inches of lift supplied by this kit would probably bring me back to level. Or do you think I would have a problem trying to use this with my worn springs ?

Pipeliner_86

IDI up high
Reaction score
I don't think it will matter that your springs are a little soft, you can always add-a-leaf if needed. I can't imagine there's much differance between a 91 and 92 front end, I can't say for sure because I own a 86. If I remember correctly, it was 34 inches across the frame rails on my truck, yours should be close.

tenlug

Reaction score
I put one of the Sky kits on my 85. The 92-96 frame is a full box at the front shackel mount,so I boxed the frame on the 85 around the shackel mount and thur bolted the spring mount with sleeves. Came out pretty clean. This is not a bolt on, but for me the kit was worth the money to save the time. Steve