Rear tank removal?

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question but after removal of my bed the rear tank started leaking so went out tonight with the intention of taking the tank out to track down the source...got the straps out but the only way I can lift it at all is by the filler neck and then itll only move a 1/4 inch or so before getting stuck. So what blatently obvious thing am I missing here? Straps are off trying to pull it up but have next to no room around it.

Started to pull the skid plates so I could push it out from under but going to need my impact from work for that...

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
thats what I was afraid off...all though if it goes out the bottom why are the straps on top? :dunno

Guess I get to fight some rusted over skidplate bolts tomorrow.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats what I was afraid off...all though if it goes out the bottom why are the straps on top? :dunno

Guess I get to fight some rusted over skidplate bolts tomorrow.

Limits up/down movement! Thus helps keep Chafing to minimum

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
What Al said, plus if you don't have skid plates, the straps are on the bottom. It is still a pain to get out of the bottom. Hope you like puzzles.

Since you have already had the bed off, it is much easier to deal with the rear tank with the bed off the frame, if you can do it again. Way easier.

Last edited:

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
little helpful tip that i did, on the filler neck there are two hoses, the larger hose you can see and in inner hose about 1" in diameter. on the end of the smaller hose cut the end at an angle to add a chamfer on the end. this helped me tremendously in feeding the innner tubing back into the tank. i kept getting hung up on the metal lip on the tank until i did this then it slid right in.

got some pics if you need some clerification

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
little helpful tip that i did, on the filler neck there are two hoses, the larger hose you can see and in inner hose about 1" in diameter. on the end of the smaller hose cut the end at an angle to add a chamfer on the end. this helped me tremendously in feeding the innner tubing back into the tank. i kept getting hung up on the metal lip on the tank until i did this then it slid right in.

got some pics if you need some clerification

Very good TIP PUN intended....*****

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
NOW is the PERFECT TIME to throw in one of these too BTW....just saying... hint hint nudge nudge wink wink.. ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Fuel-Ta...0-/370525584336?forcev4exp=true&forceRpt=true

38 Gallon REAR tank....NOW if yours was leaking....again...perfect time to stick a NEW one in....hmmm.....

Correct me if Im wrong but dont you have to relocate the spare for this tank? Also not sure itd fit above the exhaust so would have to get comparison measurments first. Figuring the tank needs replaced (still havnt gotten around to pulling it) Im debating between stock vs larger vs no rear and adding tank to the bed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradz

Members online