Rear anti-sway

B

Big K

I ordered my truck w/o the camper package for a reason. I didn't like the overloads slapping on my last truck. I could have removed them on the new one, and utilized the OEM A/S bar, but decided to try the Hellwig unit. It is a larger diameter than stock, and I have had good luck with their products in the past.

Just before I ordered the A/S bar kit, I heard that it would not fit with a Mag-Hytec rear cover. :( I contacted Hellwig, and was informed that they had updated the kit, and it would work. They had, and it did.

Worst thing about the kit was the finish. Mind you, my truck is not a showpiece, and will never be entered in a show-and-shine, but this was rough and poorly painted. Burrs big enough to cut yourself, or rip clothing on. Spent a couple hours grinding/sanding, and then painted w/Hammerite. Couldn't justify powdercoating;)

Installation was simple, and the unit has held up well for the last year. It has done the job. It could be improved upon just a bit, and time will tell if this will be necessary, but, overall, I'm satisfied.

BreaksEverything

TROUBLE INC.
Reaction score
I hear ya but I got my trk used & it had the C/P on it already
but since i'm always loaded I never noticed
but I did install 3 extra leafs in the rear , now i don't need the O/L springs or the a/s bar
yes they are heavy springs & empty it is stiff but hey it's a truck not a caddy
in the front I replaced the stock coil spring pack ( 4900# ) w/ a 6850# spring pack
nope don't need a/s up front either

no it doesn't ride like a brick but it is firm like i said it's a DODGE truck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7