radiator swap?

oldoiler

Reaction score
I got my replacement engine running last night. It started immediately once I got the fuel system primed. It runs good and doesn't smoke. I got the ssgpcontoller wired in too. The radiator that came with my truck is really rotten. It held water when I got the truck and first started it, but now leaks. I flushed out the cooling system in preparation for adding new antifreeze and SCA. I must of flushed out stop leak now it leaks like a sieve!. The 87 E250 that I got my replacement engine out has a great radiator in it. Will this work in my F250?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the bolt holes are in the same place on the E-series radiator, it should work. But, I seem to remember the E-series radiator having different dimensions than the two radiators that the trucks could have had. I never compared the radiator in my old van to the one in my truck, so I could have that wrong.

So, I would measure the E-series radiator...but I wouldn't get my hopes up...

Just my $.02...good luck!

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
I'm almost positive they are the same radiator. I know the van one is reall really big... *shrugs*

oldoiler

Reaction score
I was able to install the E250 radiator in my f250, but I had to drill new hole to mount the radiator in the truch and new holes for the shroud. The external size was the same for both radiators. Unfortunately my old radiator was a 4 row and this one is a 3 row. So long term, I am still looking for another radiator. While I was checking the replacement radiator for leaks, I discovered that my oilcooler is leaking! It is leaking at the front cooler-to-block area, not the endcaps. The joint surfaces were carefully cleaned prior to installation and I replaced these gaskets with new ones purchased directly from navistar. The bolts were torqued to factory specs given in service manual. Any suggestions how to remedy this leak. I don't want to pull this engine again.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online