Question about 97 F-350 4X4

paintedreams

Reaction score
I bought a ZF5 transmission and transfer case from a 97 F-350 and it had a box mounted under the dash it had a display with buttons around it. It was plugged into the wiring harness. My friend plugged it into his truck and it displayed the RPM's Most of the buttons had been pressed so much that the writing was worn off. There was two buttons pointing down one had two arrows and the other had one arrow on it then it has two buttons pointing up one with two arrows and one with one arrow. It has one button that has the ford emblem and the last one that can be read says system check. There are two other buttons that can not be read. Does anyone know what this is for?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its an AIC,auxilliary idle control used on the powerstrokes to control the idle.its used to turn the idle up or down while parked to keep it from wetstacking or to keep the A/Ccold in the summer while youre in a store or something.it is also used fortrucks that have a PTO to run a flatbed,wheel lift,dump body etc.or in an ambulance to keep the idle up so the alternators will keep charging while parked. and no it wont work on an IDI

paintedreams

Reaction score
My friend put it on his 96 F-250 with a E4OD. Is that all its used for? Can you explain it more and how to work it? What would it be worth?

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
paintedreams said:
My friend put it on his 96 F-250 with a E4OD. Is that all its used for? Can you explain it more and how to work it? What would it be worth?

Follow this ebay auction. They were used mostly on ambulances and tow trucks, situations where you need a higher idle RPM than zero throttle, such as PTO uses or in the case of an ambulance the need for more juice from the alternator(s) to run the massive amounts of electrical equipment.

AIC auction

ramon f350

Reaction score
man I wished those would work on my truck i would love to have that vs the throtle cable in the cab to run the idle up

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
ramon f350 said:
man I wished those would work on my truck i would love to have that vs the throtle cable in the cab to run the idle up

Patients young grasshopper. :backoff
I am writing up an article that addresses that needed issue for our trucks.
Poke here
Should be finishing it up this weekend to get to Mel for his slashing rework. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86