Pump timing ?

knightlogger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could the injection pump timing cause my truck to spit spudder and cut out when I give it throttle when I'm reeving the motor? Or is the water fuel separator, dirty fuel filter or what ?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could the injection pump timing cause my truck to spit spudder and cut out when I give it throttle when I'm reeving the motor? Or is the water fuel separator, dirty fuel filter or what ?

Please fill in your signature so we know what truck you have the engine and trans and 2 or 4 wd...it makes a difference knowing...

Maybe to answer the question but there are many things that matter....how many miles on engine...is it a new pump how old are injectors...too many questions

knightlogger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry it's the 6.9 and its a 4wd

knightlogger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I just rebuilt my top end and I didn't have this problem befor that's why I'm asking. It starts up cold with no problem and idles good but when I give it throttle it pops spits and cuts out

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thanks for the top end repair info. Now did you remove the injection pump with the housing and gear as one piece? If so you might be gear timed incorrectly. You may know the cam gear has 2 timing marks on it. One is a dot and the other is the letter Y... If you mix those up you will have an engine that runs but poorly like you posted. Help us help you by telling us more about what you did.

knightlogger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well we took the pump and scribed the gear housing but pump got turned after being taken out. That's why I'm asking if that could be the issue

knightlogger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And if it is the timing how can I re time it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance