Propel Diesel HPR fuel

Koch13351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.dieselhpr.com
Anyone on the west coast use this in their IDI? Gotta drop the mother off at the airport tomorrow and there is a station offering this nearby and am tempted to try some.

Koch13351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know I've seen some feedback on other forums in Eco-tec diesels and whatnot, but those are computer controlled. I was just wondering if there was any feedback from IDI owners because I haven't seen any. I'll give it a shot, and report the miracles, if any lol. Supposedly around 75 cetane, but some have said it's a 'dry' fuel, so I'll be running Stanadyne Lubricity Formula when I get some. Rear tank is damn near bone dry so I'll have a good straight run of it.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
There are a couple of threads on hear about it. It appears to just be a fancy name for bio-diesel they charge extra money for....... I think someone ran some, and didn't see much difference......

kuskoal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't that their b20 blend? If it is i ran it when i had my c350 down in SD. Truck liked it over straight #2. Mileage went down slightly but I'll take the extra lubricity over the smaller BTU count. Or dump ATF in the tank on a fill up.

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
Isn't that their b20 blend?

kuskoal, HPR replaced their B20 blend a few months ago, with much fanfare. HPR is animal-based diesel, which they can claim is renewable, as, well, leftover animal bits must be plentiful.

I have a station about 2 miles from me. Since I have a recent Baby Moose still under warranty, though, I'm sticking with Mel's instructions of dino + Stanadyne Lubricity for now.

Koch13351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I didn't end up driving the truck to the airport, so I filled up with regular diesel. Then, of course, I come across a station when I went to my dr appt. a couple days later. So I have an approximately 50/50 blend of HPR/D2. It smells different for sure, and seems to run a bit quieter. Same engine tune, but at a lower volume. If I switch to my tank with straight diesel, the engine sound changes back after a little drive. I'll have better feedback when I can run straight HPR. I'm not even gonna get into the power gain claims, as it's pointless to brag unless you have a dyno sheet to back it up. Oh, and it is 35¢ a gallon cheaper than D2

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online