Problems installing U-Haul Hitch

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I posted this on TDIClub also, but thought I'd add a post here in case someone on here may have any ideas. :angel:

I'm trying to get a trailer hitch installed in my 2001 Jetta TDI sedan. I'm normally one to do my own work, but don't have a lift or ramps to get the rear of the car off the ground, so I thought that I'd have U-Haul do it.

So, I took the car to U-Haul today...and, after playing with it for a while, the installer came back to me and said that he couldn't get the hitch installed. According to him, the fender washer that's supposed to go in the pocket above the tow hook wouldn't fit, and that even a smaller washer wouldn't fit in there.

I tried to take some pictures with my phone; I'm going to attach them to this post...does anyone by chance have any ideas? Is there a different way to mount the hitch on that side, or does he have the wrong parts, or what's going on? Obviously, safety's my most important concern...I know the Jetta isn't rated to tow very much, but I do want the ability to tow a small trailer with her if I can...

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated..thank you in advance! I have an appointment to go back there Thursday, so anything I can find out before then would be good...and, if this simply can't be done safely, then I can cancel the appointment and look at other options.

Thanks again ;Sweet

Attachments

• 1024011340.jpg
    1024011340.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 1024011341.jpg
    1024011341.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 1024011342.jpg
    1024011342.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts