Praying to the IDI gods

Nickbf2504x4

ATV Racr-IDI Driver
Reaction score
Well, my truck should be out of the shop today (crossing fingers) and then i can countinue loading up in preparation to move to Colorado this weekend...I know i have been busy the last week or so and haven't posted much but was just wondering if you could all give a second and ask the diesel gods that i might make this trip without any problems :hail (and that i find diesel on the 15 and 70 for less than 3 bucks a gallon :D ) still have to replace my IP on friday when it arrives 2nd day air from MWFI. Any other tips are always appreciated!

Thanks Brothers

My next post might be from CSU :thumbsup:

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
The further east on 70 you go, the cheaper diesel will get. Are you gonna be able to post from the road?

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
When you’re coming up that grade on 70 on your way to the Eisenhower tunnel watch your coolant temps. Actually, on the drive I would say respect any cooling system weirdness over anything else. (besides oil pressure but I doubt you’ll lose oil pressure) In my short 34 years, I’ve lost more engines, and seen more engines lost due to cooling system problems more than anything else. If a cooling system issue arises, you can shoot from 230 to 260 super quick. Then things start warping and cracking. You’ve probly got 60 to 70 years left on this earth, so no reason to be in a big hurry if you need to baby your truck to the next town.

All that being said, she’ll do fine. What is your load gonna be like? Just the bed filled with college kid stuff? Or are you pulling anything?

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rob is so right, take it easy on the truck, I would even flush your cooling system just to make sure you give the truck the best chance possible to make it without injury to the truck, those are some big hills. If you have a clean coolant system and the fan clutch works well, you should have an easy trip. Good luck and have fun. I love road trips in the truck. Scotty

Nickbf2504x4

ATV Racr-IDI Driver
Reaction score
F350camper said:
The further east on 70 you go, the cheaper diesel will get. Are you gonna be able to post from the road?

well I will hold out as long as i can on fill ups then...don't think ill be able to post from the road (unless we stay at a wi-fi hotel :D )

F350camper said:
When you’re coming up that grade on 70 on your way to the Eisenhower tunnel watch your coolant temps. Actually, on the drive I would say respect any cooling system weirdness over anything else. (besides oil pressure but I doubt you’ll lose oil pressure) In my short 34 years, I’ve lost more engines, and seen more engines lost due to cooling system problems more than anything else. If a cooling system issue arises, you can shoot from 230 to 260 super quick. Then things start warping and cracking. You’ve probly got 60 to 70 years left on this earth, so no reason to be in a big hurry if you need to baby your truck to the next town.

All that being said, she’ll do fine. What is your load gonna be like? Just the bed filled with college kid stuff? Or are you pulling anything?

whats the matter rob? so excited to have another Colorado IDI Brother you had to post twice? :rotflmao j/k . Good advice on the cooling system though ;Sweet BTW a long list of motocross injuries has probably very significantly reduced my number of years (active ones atleast) on this earth but 40-50 good ones is plenty of time i will take it easy on the black beauty.( i also have some pics to post if someone would be so kind as to give me that info -Deadhorse )

as for my cargo. college kid stuff + my fourwheeler!(see avatar) No trailer

beretzs said:
Rob is so right, take it easy on the truck, I would even flush your cooling system just to make sure you give the truck the best chance possible to make it without injury to the truck, those are some big hills. If you have a clean coolant system and the fan clutch works well, you should have an easy trip. Good luck and have fun. I love road trips in the truck. Scotty

Road trips are what IDI's are all about they really shine in these situations.

Thanks guys! more later

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nickbf2504x4 said:
Road trips are what IDI's are all about they really shine in these situations.
IDI's may be a little slower and underpowered compared to the "chokers", but the peace of mind is positively priceless ;Sweet :D ;Sweet :D my F350 was woofing thru the intake bad from El Paso to CA back in Jan, but even on its last legs, my truck got me home ;Sweet

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
towcat said:
IDI's may be a little slower and underpowered compared to the "chokers", but the peace of mind is positively priceless ;Sweet :D ;Sweet :D my F350 was woofing thru the intake bad from El Paso to CA back in Jan, but even on its last legs, my truck got me home ;Sweet

towcat,
What do you mean by "woofing"? What was your problem?

Don

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tuckerd1 said:
towcat,
What do you mean by "woofing"? What was your problem?

Don
"woofing" is the sound that comes back up thru the intake when the intake valve is hanging up. its the warning noise before you drop a valve :eek: BTW are you looking for the core motor? If you are, I have a complete longblock( less IP) that needs to find a new home. Its the motor that came out of the F350. "factory Ford" rebuild with 50k on it. has oil in coolant issues and woofs. Pay the ship and its yours. PM me on details.

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
Nickbf2504x4 said:
(and that i find diesel on the 15 and 70 for less than 3 bucks a gallon :D )

Don't worry... I just filled up at $0.949/liter, so about $3.59/us gallon, I did notice that gas is at $1.089/liter, so about $4.22/us gallon... made me feel good to fill up my rear tank for about $40, when the new dodge next to me was well over $100 for his gas :)

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Nickbf2504x4 said:
as for my cargo. college kid stuff + my fourwheeler!(see avatar) No trailer /QUOTE]

How you gonna get any homework done with the 4 wheeler there?

Nickbf2504x4

ATV Racr-IDI Driver
Reaction score
very good question apex...between racing ;Sweet and drinking :cheers:followed by :puke: and who could forget chicks :thumbsup: . academics might quickly take a distant 4th spot! jk :rotflmao

im such an :angel:

Nickbf2504x4

ATV Racr-IDI Driver
Reaction score
less than 24 hrs. i will be on the road... got the new IP going

HOLY AUTOLITE! Ken's IPs are incredible now my boost is up my turbo whistles and shes blowin coal might need to turn down a bit :Sly

now i need to find some older powerstrokes or cummins :draw

:thumbsup:

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Well, its been nearly a week. Haven't heard from Nick. Hopefully he made it ok, and he's just getting school setup.

If you're out there, let us know Nick.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was here the evening of the 17th, didnt post though.

Nickbf2504x4

ATV Racr-IDI Driver
Reaction score
hey guys...dont have my internet set up in the dorm yet :rolleyes: sorry...ya made it ok but i definately need to get her timed after the new IP... at a friends right now so sorry for the short post...anybody know a good shop to dynamically time my truck in north colorado? thanks guys ;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online