Power surging

madatch01

Reaction score
Hey been reading this forum for a while just joined not long ago, I have a 1994 F250 LBEC 7.3 IDI with banks sidewinder. 193000 5-speed. not sure how old injectors or IP are. I just put up for sale and the starter went as well as the tank switch solenoid. Fixed that by bypassing so only the front tank works now. Since yesterday it will surge after I just started and start going then will stop when it warms up. I dont want to sell if its somthing major dont know if you think its somthing simple or IP starting to go which I hope not. maybe my bypas tank job sucking air? anyone have this problem? Here is the CL add with more info about truck Only reason I am selling is I bought another 1994 7.3 idi n/a w/ auto already lifted and one color paint

Last edited:

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Fuel filter light just means there is a restriction . YEs, I would change the filter first, that is always the first thing to do when a diesel acts like that, but if that doesnt take care of it, I would aim squarely at your Fuel selector valve. Chances are if teh filter doest take care of teh problem, the valve may not be switched all the way over and may be only partially open to the tank you have selected.
The truck presents a 3/8" id line up near the pump but the id of the fuel line back by the FSV is only about 1/4" and if it is partially blocked you are going to have a supply issue..
if that turns out to be the case, and you have to replace it, get one from the dealer, because all of teh aftermarket ones require custom wiring to make them function, the dealer FSV is the only one that is plug and play.

madatch01

Reaction score
I just sold it, ran good I told him what it was doing turns out he is an IDI man as well said he wasnt worried about it. Thanks for the responses

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger