Power Steering Pressure Line Will Not Seat Into Pump

MICHAEL MICHAUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Hoping for a power steering guru to help me out here. Reinstalling my engine and my power steering pressure line will not tighten enough for the male end to seat and tighten into the female end.

The coupling can be tightened all the way till it seats on the female end and the hard line can move in and out and twist. Something is either off or missing and I cant tell what it is. This is the only thing stopping me from putting the front end back on my truck and starting it up.

Ive installed a new teflon seal but it makes no difference. The coupling on the end of the line is able to move about 1/8 to 3/16th of an inch forward and back on the line. Then when the coupling is tightened into the power steering pump you can still move the hard line around like its not tight at all. It leaks just spinning the pump by hand. Do i just need a new hard/flex line or is it something wrong on the pump side. I didnt have and leaks before the engine came out.

Last edited:

MICHAEL MICHAUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been awhile. I think the line can normally still twist.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Thank you for youre reply! However it doesnt just twist it moves in and out along the tightened B nut.

The new hoses all come with this little yellow thing. Is that suposed to go on there. Maybe thats what i need?

Last edited:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
That may just be a cap.
Here's a cutaway. Maybe that line was defective up front.
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like the wrong line to me